November 11, 2010

Second Round of Chemo Tomorrow

Tomorrow, Friday, I have my second round of chemo. Of course that is dependent on my blood counts being adequate, which I assume they will be. I've laid in my supply of food that was appealing during the last round--crackers, canned chicken breast, chicken soup, and American cheese. Yes, American cheese. There's something about the dash of paprika in American cheese that was appealing. Forgot to get Minute Maid lime treats, but we'll get that tomorrow.

I had been concerned that I would be dreading the second round, but that has not happened. I know intellectually that I will not feel good, but I don't have a visceral desire to avoid treatment. I'll see my oncologist and get my blood test results and discuss alternatives to the compazine that gave me blurred vision last time. Then I'll begin the chemo. I'm taking a book, an Economist magazine, and my netbook. I want to try out the popular BBC podcasts about history as told through 100 objects in the British Museum.

As always, thanks for reading the blog.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment