February 16, 2012

Living with Cancer--a Young Oncologist's Experience

I have a membership in a website, Oncostat, that provides periodic emails with links to cancer journal articles and analyses.  Today I found an article by an oncologist who learned that he had a rare kind of cancer just as he was entering his residency.  His article follows his response to his father's cancer, his reaction to his own cancer, and its affect on his work with his patients.  I've been planning to write a post about what it's like to live under a death sentence, but I just haven't done it.  I'll probably wait until my prognosis is clearer, but his article provides an interesting perspective on living with cancer and the uncertainty of individual prognoses.

http://jco.ascopubs.org/content/early/2011/04/04/JCO.2011.35.1122.full.pdf

David

No comments:

Post a Comment