December 17, 2011

First Round, Second Course of Chemo

On Wednesday the 14th I had the first round of my second course of chemo. So far, it has been much easier to tolerate than the first course. The steroid I take at the beginning of the round wound me up a little, so I had trouble sleeping the night before the treatment, but a Benadryl the next two nights helped me get to sleep without a problem. The steroid also caused a spike in my blood sugar, but I think that should drop now that I’m through taking it this round. No nausea, no particular loss of appetite, and only minimal feelings of being unwell and fatigued. Interestingly, I felt worse today than any day so far. Maybe the damage done by the drug to cancer and normal cells is now affecting the body.


Bottom Line: If this is as bad as it gets, and the drug does slow down the growth of my tumors, I can keep this up through many rounds. I get the next round on January 4.

David

3 comments:

  1. Many people are pulling for you David. I know I am.

    Melanie Guion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update, David. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes, David, as you head into this new round of treatment. I read your blog regularly and admire your clinical observations.

    ReplyDelete