February 17, 2011

Uncle Sam and Gini

Returning to the States in 2008, I was struck by the extreme range of income visible in the US compared with the military communities with which I had been associated overseas.  Over the past two and a half years, I have become convinced that income inequality is a serious problem for the US and wrote a piece to put my thoughts in order. 

I would be honored if you would take a look at Uncle Sam and Gini in the Other Pages column on the right, and let me know what I got wrong in my analysis.

Thanks.

David

1 comment:

  1. David, I printed it all off and read it a few weeks ago. Great research, but I am totally up in the air as to the reason(s) behind the growing discrepancies. Will email you with some ideas (with absolutely no back-up) about possible causes. - Larry Phillips

    ReplyDelete